Collars are one of the most convenient and useful ways to combat fleas and ticks. They can serve as repellants and to some extent flea and tick killers as well. However, many pet parents who trust these collars to protect their pets also have a curiosity about ‘WHAT’ and ‘HOW’ of collars.
also might one of the curious pet parents, and as an answer to your curiosity,
the below-given information will be helpful to you.
What Is A Flea And Tick Collar?
is a collar that is tied around the neck from where the ingredients attached
with it are released that repels the bloodsuckers away from your pet. Some of
the collars in the market treat fleas for up to 8 months. Collars come in
different color, shape, and size for both dogs and cats.
How The Collar Works?
mostly come as a repellant but there are some collars that do both jobs of
killing and repelling parasites.
A collar that repels parasites releases a certain
type of gas that bars fleas and ticks from infesting your pet.
The collars that are prescribed
and repelling fleas and ticks contain an ingredient that penetrates the skin
and enters the blood and skin fluids so that when the bloodsuckers bite your
pet, it is sucked up in the body of the parasite along with blood and kills
them. However, there is one more type in
collars whose ingredient terminates fleas and ticks by contact.
repel the parasites by the same method i.e. by emitting a certain ingredient
that keeps the parasites at bay.
What Are The Ingredients That Are Commonly Used?
Propoxur, Deltamethrin, Amitraz, Imidacloprid and etc. are some of the potent
and safe ingredients that can be used. Look for them in the collars that you
What Are The Recommended
are many collars in the market but the below-given ones are one of the reputed
collars. These collars are safe, efficacious, affordable and popular among pet
- Bay-O-Pet Kiltix Collar – Propoxur & Flumethrin
- Scalibor Tick Collar – Deltamethrin
- Virbac Preventic Collar – Amitraz
Benefits of Collars
- Best way to protect your pooch against parasites when you are out in open or camping or hiking
- They repel fleas and ticks thus refraining parasites to infest
- Because they repel ticks they save your pet from the dangerous tick-borne diseases
- Long-lasting protection for your pet
- Odorless and waterproof treatment
- Safe for pets and doesn’t hurt
- Many collars come with smart release technology
types like topical and oral treat fleas and ticks but very few repel these
parasites and collar is one of them. Therefore, collars should be chosen wisely
and according to your needs.